Help please

I've had some annoying problems with my site for a while and don't know how to fix them. I thought perhaps someone reading this might know what to do or look for. They happen for me on several computers with several versions of Windows (98SE, 2000 and XP). I've only noticed in IE since I don't really use anything else.

  • Sometimes the text for the site will be invisible. Scrolling down and then back up makes it appear. I've seen this one on other sites as well.
  • I can't highlight a single word or phrase from my site for copy and paste. Clicking and dragging selects everyting from the click point on up the page. It doesn't seem to matter which way I drag, I only get the text above. This one is really annoying.

Any ideas?

Correction:The highlighting problem seems to be isolated to the comments section of individual archive pages. The pop up comment window is fine and the main body on the main page and the individual archive page is fine too. Weird.

3 Comments

I have both of those problems too.
It's especially maddening when you're trying to quote something for response in a comment thread.

I've noticed the latter problem more on your site than the former, but I get that invisible text thing on a lot of blogs, sometimes even on Thinklings.

I think it may have more to do with the browser than with the site. Just a hunch, though. Someone more technologically savvy can fill us in.

I've learned some more about my problems. Not about how to fix them, but how they happen.

It seems that the dissapearing text thing only happens on shoort posts (see here), but not all the time. I have two IE windows open now and the one I'm typing in has the dissapearing text (in this post, actually, ane the one linked above) while the other doesn't on the same pages. Weird.

The highlighting problem isn't related to the comments section, it seems. I only have problem highlighting any text that falls below the bottom edge of the side menus. The side menus are done with server side includes so I only have to maintain them in one file. The include statements are near the end of the html (where the side menu stuff was in the original MT template), perhaps that has something to do with it. I tried adding the inludes up near the top, but it didn't work. Probably my ignorance in making it work.

If you care to look, I have comments in the HTML noting the begining and end of the include files.

For what it's worth, the problem doesn't exsis using Firefox 1.0PR. Must be an IE thing.



Monthly Archives

Recent Comments

  • For what it's worth, the problem doesn't exsis using Firefox 1.0PR. Must be an IE thing....

  • I've learned some more about my problems. Not about how to fix them, but how they happen. It seems that the dissapearing text thing only happens on shoort posts (see here), but not all the time. I have two IE windows ...

  • I have both of those problems too. It's especially maddening when you're trying to quote something for response in a comment thread. I've noticed the latter problem more on your site than the former, but I get that invi...

Close